Sunday, March 2, 2008

Dial Up Sucks

I've tried every nite this week to blog but when I try signing in I get this message : page not available. Grrrrrrrrr drives me crazy. Plus it takes 5 minutes for this to finally appear also.

My puter is old yep I have a 2000 model. And dial up is what we hav here. Its all we can afford :-(

Wish I had a rich sugar daddy! Heck I'll even take a rich sugar mommie LOL!

I did see a Acer laptop puter at Walmart (ya groan and groan again) for only $398 I was like WOW thats a great price. Looked to have everything I could need and then more! Just don't know is Acer puters are any good? If you had any experience with them let me know! Then they also had some models from $598 to $798 HP and Toshia's which I do know about them.

The offical start of the world famous Iditarod Dog Sled Race was yesturday! Crazy folks who mush...you would not catch me chasing a sled pulled by dogs a 1,000 miles through Alaska wildness...I'm afraid of the dark toooooooo many boggey men out there! And you are totally alone if something happens...wolves, caribou and moose can cause accidents way to easily.

My all time favorite musher who I also got to meet in person: Susan Butcher! Susan passed away in 2006 from cancer. Last nite they announced that from this day forward "March 1 is known as Susan Butcher Day" kinda cool and keeps her memory alive. She was a very kind, quiet lady who loved her dogs, and was one of the first women to go out and kick mens hindys in this race! I admired Susan hugely and think of her often...esp when I go thru some old things and find the scarf she signed for me and my dog at the time Denali...a red mackenzie Siberian Husky. Denali was a wild crazy dumb dog. We called him our 'dumb blonde' NO affence meant to anyone Please!! But this dog thought nothing of chewing on logs for fun, table legs, or wooden stairs. He also thought he should be able to jump over the fence while chained...of course this wasn't a very bright thing to do! He was drop dead beautiful but his brain was a tad on the low side! I miss him but also don't miss the things he did. You also could not leave the door open for any amount of time cause quicker than lightning he be out and running. He loved to run! Hope he is on Susan's team now!

You must go over to my http://www.TiffinsTidbits.etsy.com shop! I just listed new cards that are sooooo pretty!

Anyhow pictures coming tomorrow if I can get log in again!

No comments: