Thursday, March 13, 2008

Neighbors who do construction work without permits

We live in a nice west side very desireable area of Anchorage. My neighbor is a two story duplex. The place is really pretty but they have been doing additions to place without any 'city construction permits' . Any work done to a home esp on outside MUST have a city work permit, this permit MUST be posted in a area seen from the street. So that inspectors know you have it and that city approved your plans and inspect the work.

I like my neighbor but I am tired of them pulling this Non comfirming of permits for their construction work.

I feel as if I should call the city and say "hey they are doing this this and this without permits WHAT gives? How come they can get away with this crap?

I'm normally not bitchy but I've done construction work and Had to have those permits on any job I've been done and been at...Yes its a hassle but its the law.

Vote should I turn them in or just walk away and say "they will get theirs down the road?"

Plus Anchorage has a zone law No closer than 4 feet from your property to mine shall have any part of the construction into that area... well they have built stairs from one level to ground that is clearly imposing into another yard....

Okay I'm just going to grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr now LOL!

Stay tune!

No comments: