Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Consignment for your Crafts

My cards will be in Portland, Or! Yes...a shop is taking a bunch for consignment. I just mailed off about 30 cards. So keep your fingers crossed her shop which opens March 31 is a total success and my cards are a smashed hit!

I did consignment with my fleece blankets and small items and those sold very well. But unfortunately the Alaska shop that carried them in Homer closed. :-( In fact they didn't even return the last 10 blankets they had taken on consignment...thats the part of during business on consignment is the tricky part...you can lose your items and not receive payment for them either. Not much you can truly do because the cost of hiring lawyers is more costly than the $200 to $300 in product lost. I ate my lost on the blankets, and was a bit weary for the last two years on trying consignment again.

I've notice in the last few years at Anchorage's Saturday Market that fleece has become a slow seller. This year I have about 15 - 20 blankets made up and will see how they sell. I love doing them...so easy and my finished design is so nice. Plus they are an inexpensive gift for tourist! Of course most of the fleece is very Alaska theme...what else!

I have also been bidding on Etsy to do 'special orders' for folks wanting a product made for them. So far I've seen more thank you but we selected someone else. I have one person still deciding on what color she wants her item and size made so that will be finalized by weekend and I then can say YAY one bid won! And there are several still out accepting bids so....

I could get very discouraged and for maybe 5 minutes I'm down in the dumps for someone not accepting my bid but then I go 'Ohhhh thank goodness I don't have to drive myself crazy to make that!' Thick skin helps also

Ohhhhhhhh I brought a bunch of wonderful fabric! Going to be making Messenger bags, laptop bags, and some totally awesome placemats!

Visit my AlaskaSews2 shop in the next week to see the new additions!

No comments: