Friday, March 7, 2008

Cooking for the weekend!

Yes today I'm trying out a few new recipes! I love to cook! Nothing is more fun than to get a bunch of different fresh items and throw them together to see how they taste.

Tonite I'm making a Yam, cabbage soup. Sounds weird doesn't it but omg I just tasted it and its sooooooo awesome tasting! Its perfect!!!!! Can't wait til dinner! a Chopped peeled yam, cole slaw mix (this has silvers of carrots which I love, and green/red cabbage) a bunch of sliced up green onions, some of my yummy spices, red sweet peppers and simmer away for a few hours (can't tell how to do it all otherwise you might steal my recipe! Yup I'm going to enter this one in a food contest ITS a WINNER for sure!!)

Also made a salad with fresh pearl size mozzella cheese, black olives, green olives stuffed with garlic, basil chopped up and tomatoes chopped up then dash of Pear Vinegar and Light EVO and some spices too. This was good but I've done better LOL but still super tasty!

Omg I could weight a ton - I love food! Thank goodness God saw that I needed to be thin so I could try out all kinds of foods!

Now having a soft food and liquid diet for basically 3 weeks I did shed over 10 pounds! and I just lost another 3 this week. So mostly that is not eating MEAT. I've never been much of a beef fan anyhow but do live with a person who likes it and so we were eating it at least 2 - 3 times a week...but I've gone back to my chicken and fish and I'm feeling better and I could eat veggies non stop daily. Plus I've had to add more Fiber in the grains and fruits area sooooooo we added those items daily and its a great days worth of food for me! I'm feeling so much more alert and healthly again!

As soon as I get to my mid 40's weight I'll be dancing like crazy!! With the heart meds I take esp the beta blocker it does not help your weight...in fact you can gain a bunch while on them :-(

In a way having to visit the hospital for lower inside problems again got me back in track with my diet! Sort of a blessing LOL!

My dream is to teach cooking! This is my biggest passion!

If you live in the Anchorage area and want cooking lessons EMAIL ME!!! All my websites have my emails listed so, Or you could leave a comment here about your wishes! I do groups or private! I also can do cartering for you!!!!!

No comments: