Saturday, March 22, 2008

Acts of Kindness

Each of us should do an 'Act of Kindness' daily in our lives. I have been brought to tears by someone's thank you for a simple thing I've done to brighten a life.

During the winter we buy extra gloves and hats to hand out to homeless or just someone who is walking along who looks cold and needs a bit of warming. My dear SO rides his bike and is the main one to go out and give these items to those who need them. This year we also got Fleece scarves to add to the "warm you up items". He also hands out an item called HANDWARMERS
these are little packets that once exposed to air heat up and last from 7 to 10 hours in your gloves and they also have ones for feet. If your a winter sports nut or hunter you most likely know about these! They might be adding time to live for the folks who he has given the warmers to. Neither of us care that the person drinks, drugs, are homeless, or just dang poor but they need a person just to say "I'm concerned that you need a bit of warmth and here you go for at least today."

I also will bake something for someone who needs cheering up. It makes them feel good and honestly I just melt with the joy I feel when I see their eyes light up that they are getting something special just for them.

Anyhow may you all do a 'Act of Kindness' just because you can.

No comments: