Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring breakup is it here?

Was blogspot down yesterday? I could not sign on again all kinds of error messages...this is one thing that drives me nuts - when you can not get to a site that you want. Had a heck of a time again this morning but at less was at the main page just would not let me sign in grrrrrrrrrr.

Very warm again here in Anchorage...low 40's and the snow is just puddles of water all over town. At this time of year it gets mixed with runoff with dirt and YUCKY looks nasty....sides of roads will have piles of snow but covered in black yuck. Looks like the end of the world has hit. We call this "Breakup" lasts for a month or so then gets back to healthy looking again...then the city of Anchorage gets busy sending out the big huge street cleaner trucks. They swept up all the dirt and grit they used on the roads during the winter and the city is then dusty as heck for a few weeks and then The city transforms into this beautiful city again.

Through out town there are gardens at corners, along long roads and each 8 square block of downtown has planters hanging full of flowers of any kind.

I'm so ready for spring and summer this year. Been a winter I could do without. And last summer was overcast also so We are really do for a sunny summer!!!!

Today I must enter cards I've made into my inventory & bookkeeping system ... that way I can keep track of what is sold vs cost and all that other stuff.

I love making my cards, I just sit and vision what I would buy and then make them. Have several really cute (at least I think so and so does the person I live with) series made up. Have ones with butterflies, ones of modern theme, a pack of what I call "just life" and several other kinds! Wish I could list them all but yipes that would cost a small fortune LOL.

I really need to get back to my sewing...I've let the card making take over and my big ticket items are the ones that sell during the summer! So off to sew, glue, cut and twist with all my crafts!

Oh do you want to see pics of jewelry I've done also? Simple but elegant is my line! I wear my pieces every now and then just to show them off. I have this one necklace that I'm very fond of.

No comments: