Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Alaska at it's best! Pic's from a rare sunny day!




I'm so bad! I haven't blogged for over 2 months. But that is what happens when you are facing surgery, have the major surgery and recover from surgery.

This has been one of those Alaskan summers. More like Seattle LOL. Cloudy, chilly. Boring. Old timers say this is what they remember Alaska summer being like, I've live here since 91 and up til 2005 the summers where Sunny, beautiful and fun! Now it is rare that a beautiful sunny day is around.

Also I have been busy sewing. I have been making more "Messenger Bags". Also I've done something I said I would not. I'm adding zippers to my bags. ACK I dislike zippers. They usually are the first thing to break or stop working. But customers want zippers so items don't fall out of their bags. And they want to be able to keep "pick pocketers" out of their bags. So to make folks happy I've added zippers. Check out my http://www.AlaskaSews2.etsy.com shop to see my new items! Even have some Halloween bags there! One of my favorite holidays.

Last week my dear sweetiepie took me for an adventure! We took his old RV and drove down to Gridwood and around Turnagain Arm to see the Glaciers at Portage.

And the day was SUNNY omg it was beautiful. It takes your breath away when you see Alaska in all its glory!

Its an 40 mile drive along the most awesome inlet! The tide was going out as we drove - looks like a vass wasteland that you can walk across; we would stop every few miles to take pictures.
I made up a wonderful picnic lunch: Real Crab salad sandwiches, cold fresh watermelon, and my homemade Triple Orange Truffles. We stopped about 1/2 thru our drive to have our lunch looking over the water which had the most awesome reflexions of the mountains!

The pictures are of that wonderful fun day!
More to follow in the coming days!






No comments: