Thursday, April 24, 2008

Handcrafted

This past week I've been sewing like crazy. Two special orders done, one almost done!

Plus just my regular sewing. You gotta love my new 'recycled bag' Its sooooo cute! And omg its big...could carry a baby in there . I double dare you to go look and not go "awwww that's cute I want it."

http://www.AlaskaSews2.etsy.com

remember its a dare to go look!

I've been asked to write a small article about being a person who does bakes and what that is like...the permits, the insurance etc etc. here in Alaska.

On the card front my package arrive in Portland, Or. The shop is open. Things should be selling. So mid May I should have a check! Keep your fingers cross. The owner said they loved the cards I sent so hopefully her customers will also.

Alaska's Spring has sprung! My grass is brown, this is the first step in Alaska springs. I know it looks and sounds funny but that is how it is. The snow melts, the yard is puddles of water for days on end and boom its totally dried. Everything looks brown. No green. Then slowly in the next two weeks you will see little baby buds on the trees. Grass is looking a tiny bit green. Then Bam Everything is green and lush! Then you know summer is here LOL. Yep two weeks of spring and summer. Summer goes til mid August. Then fall for a month and then winter. Ah the seasons of Alaska.

I miss my midwest springs and falls. Nothing prettier than St. Louis in March or October!

No comments: