Sunday, April 20, 2008

I have no family in Alaska, so I've adopted a few folks I have meet or worked with as my family members.

Today I had the pleasure of being "grandma" to a friends two year son. I had him from 9am to 5pm.

IHOP shall remember the little monkey for a long time, I think his missed the paper with his crayons cause he like the table better, and Don't get the pancakes they have on the kids menu OMG gross. But he called it a birthday cake and then preceeded to eat the whipped cream off my blueberry pancakes.

Then we went to Lowes to look for flowers for my yard...had none yet too early in Alaska. Walked around there for an hour ...best part He loves the ceiling fans we spent 20 minutes there!just looking at the fans!

Then home for nap and quiet time. Then after 2 hours of napping up to High School to get some fresh air and sunshine...guess who did something awful in pants just before we got in to car to go up to school? Yep back into house, quick change of diapers.

At the school we did the track since that was the only Non snow or mud area for a two year old LOL. But you could tell spring is here, the Canada Geese where in the next field (soccer field) honking and playing in the mud puddles. Little kid got all excited about them and ran off across the field trying to get to them...course I had to run after him to haul him back to the runners track. Mud is not something I like playing in anymore. When I notice his nose running and no kleenex in my pockets we made a mad dash back to car...After a screaming fit about having to have nose wiped, I decided we shall move on the the park play ground.

Thank god other parents where there and surprising 5 little ones all two. He had a blast playing with the others and I got to have heart attacks as he climbed and jumped off things. At 4:30 I decided it was time to head home and esp after he decided that that foot deep puddle he could not resist any longer. Yep right to the middle of it he ran. Water up to the little guys knees. I'm sure his mother is saying bad things about me right now as those watery shoes are drying out.

All in all it was fun. I decided every week I'm borrowing this little one so I can be a Grandma for the day!

No comments: