Friday, February 1, 2008

Misssed a few days for blogging

I did not postlast few days because I wanted my valve message board to see my idea for my heart valve block for the quilt project. Well I should not of bothered...I was very disappointed in them. Only 3 dear people even responded to my post about the block and what I was doing now this group has over 1300 members and I would say a good 75 are active and posting all the time. Guess they don't know what an National/International project means LOL. Don't tell me they didn't understand what a Quilt is!!!

Anyhow its cold here! Fur Rondy comes the end of this month Yay for Febuary!!! A long time friend does Snow Carvings every year at the Rondy. Last two years they have won ribbons! Too cool. I plan on attending lots of the events this year and taking my camera just to show you Alaska has fun in the Winter too!

Then My dear Mom's turns 78 this month. Gotta make her something special! What do you give a Woman who is a Power Shopper? Has everything she could possibly want! This is going to require some deep thinking LOL(I laugh because deep thinking is not one of my strong points - - - No thats not true...when I attended college I made Dean's List each semester and belong to a national college 'brainy' group; bet a few of my friends will be surprised to hear this- it's something I don't talk or brag about - so now you know something NEW about me )

Back to Mom: I'm going to really have to go thru my stash to find the right fabric and right idea. She did mention that she like the one bag of mine that is the batik with the Trees, so maybe something using fabric such as that. She does love placemats; so maybe a set of those for her?

No comments: