Monday, February 18, 2008

Chinook Winds

Anyone living in Alaska will tell you if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes and it will change. Well its true! Last nite the chinook winds (Alaska's verson of Californai Santa Ana Winds) Hot windy air blows up and down and all around. Today it was 40 degrees...so of course this makes for snow melting and then freezing into super little Ice Skating Rinks on you walkways and driveways. OMG the parking lots are dare devils delight!

These things make my Bells Palsey act up...because I just stress going out in it. In October 2006 I thought I had a stroke but it turn out to be Bells Palsey. Effects your facial muscles/nerves. I no longer can blink my eyes. So I have to remember to close them all the time, I also have to use a special eye drop to keep eyes moist. Luckily my eyes will remain close at night...I did have to tape the right one for a very long period. And my smile is now a little off center. It took over 4 months to get back muscle control for face. Its a very very scary thing to happen. Its caused by the Shingle virus and also mainly by the HERPES SIMPLEX 1; just abotu everyone has been exposed to this as a child and then like Shingles just hangs around til you are down or totally stress out. You can't give it to anyone, but I sure felt creepy for the months my face wasn't acting normal. The doctors say "get stress to a minimum" So this bring me back to what my big stressor is:

I don't like winter driving, I'm very safe and alert but some drivers just wiz thru a red light, drive at 60-90mph in a zone that because of the weather should be like 25.

Since I'm also on a medicine called Coumadin (which slows your clotting time - given to heart patients to help prevent strokes and damage from heart attacks and esp for those who have AFib like me) driving on less than Happy conditions (dry sunny days to me) I become a little less smiley face because if I do become involved in an Accident with damage to me I could be in a serious condition in a very short time. Yes I wear medical ID bracelet and all my infor is in my purse...I should also type it up and put in glove box so medical personnel can see it right away.

Seems someone in Alaska gets really tired of cold and snow and orders up these Chinook winds to warm them up (just joking we all know the weather can not be controlled like this LOL).

I made a bunch of cards the last few days and will be getting all dress up tomorrow and showing off my craft at several shops here in Anchorage. Wish me tons of luck!

Don't forget to check out all my sites!

No comments: